Saturday 13 October 2018

Mordheim Beasts of Chaos – done for now


Well I got most of the way through this side project and I realised I've done all I wanted with it. That is: write an all-Beasts Mordheim list and make some cool Beastmen. I've built five of the seven models in the list. I didn't make the magister and second ungor (officially a mutant with cloven hooves). The painting on the completed models is only around 80% done and I'm going to put them aside for now. I might come back to it another time but my neglected Relic Lizardmen are calling out to me.


With that said, here's the completed models:


Brs was the first beastman I made for the unit. Like the others, he got his arms extended but is otherwise a Gor with his head and feet swapped for other bits.


Prok had an entirely new goat head sculpted from greenstuff, which is the first fine bit of sculpting I've done. My Lizardmen Slann was also sculpted but is such a big model it was a very different undertaking.


Clummer got a lot of greenstuff work and is based around an Ungor that's been elongated to match the height of a Gor. He's got greenstuff antlers and a cluster of keratinous warts inspired by jackalopes.


The Duc de Bruyne is effectively an Ungor in this Beasts warband (officially a mutant with the "cloven hooves" mutation). A minor noble whose deformity has seen him ostracised. His shield bears a family portrait that's degraded over time.


The Ghoti is the warband's Possessed. It was once a domestic goat until it was inhabited by a Pink Horror of Tzeentch, growing a fish-like tail, multiple mouths, and eventually ceasing to look like a goat at all.

~~~~~

I'm gonna leave this project here for now and return to my Lizardmen, which are already mostly painted and are sorely missing my attention. I might return to these Beasts one day, who knows!

Hek

5 comments:

  1. Love your Possessed! It reminds me of the old Jenny Hanivers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are superb! I particularly like the understated and forlorn Duc, but they're all tremendous.

    I have a long-neglected chaos hordes project for Hordes of the Things (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=77384.msg1270337#msg1270337) that I must return to; this is some terrific inspiration to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JC! Wow, I like your Chaos project. Really cool to see them in a cohesive regiment like that, something I miss from old-school Warhammer Fantasy.

      Delete