Saturday 15 June 2019

Age of Sigmar Moon Aelves for #28magchallenge


The Bad Moon is not the only strange celestial body that orbits the Mortal Realms. As the Idoneth come from the depths of the sea, the Moon Aelves descend from the wandering moon Celine, walking through the air as though totally weightless. Like the Idoneth raid the land for mortal souls, the Moon Aelves come for the breaths of mortals, capturing them in silver phials or clouding cold silver mirrors with them. Of course last breaths are desirable above all...

☾✺★❂☾✺★❂☾✺★❂

I hinted at the start of the year that I had something "lunar" lined up– well I finally got going thanks to the added incentive of the brilliant 28 Magazine's Ian Miller themed #28MagChallenge. I had a couple models already mocked up and most of the bitz picked out so the challenge gave me the final push I needed. And the Ian Miller theme (whose work I love) was the missing ingredient.




I'm giving these guys square bases. They have a kinda whimsical old school vibe that came from reading the old Warhammer Fantasy Ravening Hordes army lists around the time I came up with the idea. And I want to make a couple units that line up as rank and file regiments, something I miss from pre-Age of Sigmar Warhammer! The plan is to build two units of four models each and a single special character...

☾✺★❂☾✺★❂☾✺★❂

Some images to refer to as a moodboard:

Art Nouveau sci-fi outfits:





Ian Miller, of course:
"Moon Boats" by Ian Miller
"Neptune Set" by Ian Miller


Dragon by Ian Miller

Silver galleon ornaments:






Indonesian dancers:





Space ships:





☾✺★❂☾✺★❂☾✺★❂

Stay tuned for more WIPs for this prject.
Hek

No comments:

Post a Comment