Thursday 16 May 2019

AoS Relic Lizardmen Part 7: Sauruses Complete


At long last the Relic Sauruses are complete! It feels like I started these in prehistoric times!
The Relic Lizardmen are very much my personal "main" project, the thing I've wanted to do for longest and thought about most carefully. I guess that's why I'm going so slow on them! My other side projects are providing the breaks I need to practice new techniques and break up the monotony of painting a big (by my standards) group of minis.

Each one has its own color scheme, meaning I'm not batch painting. Some details like the gold jewelry, black stone and brown wood are the same across all models and there's recurring color motifs like the blue-green gradient on feathers.

Here's a rundown of each of the five Saurus Warriors:

Lotol, the Saurus Champion, is gifted with an exoskeleton, pincers, and bright plumage





Kopokol






Xolox






Oxok






Okomox, the standard bearer






The goal with this project was to make Lizardmen without using any parts from the Lizardmen range.  And to make them kinda creepy and slithery and exotic. The color scheme was based on Aztec warriors who wore bright color full body suits.

Of course this unit is understrength in AoS rules. I might make up another five to make a full unit but first I'm tempted to pursue other Lizardmen units I haven't made yet...

Stay tuned for more Relic Lizardmen updates! I've previewed the completed builds, and some painting WIPs on my Instagram, but there's plenty more to come soon...

Hek

2 comments:

  1. These are just fantastic! Brilliant colour schemes - great use of real reptile (agama?) colours on Kopokol. I like the champion and the standard bearer most of all, but they're all great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JC! I've got a folder of lizard images for reference, might have to post that as a "moodboard" post one day.

      Delete