Saturday 4 April 2020

Age of Sigmar Moon Aelf Skywarden


With a new #28magchallenge starting, I put in the time to finish the last remaining model in the Moon Aelves project I made for the last challenge. Faeries from the moon of course need a craft to ferry them down to the Mortal Realms, so here's a flying boat. More pics after the jump.


It's bemusing that in the time since starting this Skycutter model, Skycutters have been retired from the rules altogether to make room for the new reimagined High Aelves. That's fine by me– this whole project is something of a throwback as much as it is a reimagining– for a start the models have square bases.


So here's the Moon Aelves altogether. In my lore for the Moon Aelves, they travel from the moon Celine in silver sailing ships that ride on the lunar winds. This Skywarden's vessel can be seen as a small landing craft that he commands from.


Relieved to have finished this just in time to start the next #28magchallenge. Follow me on Instagram to see some WIPs as they arrive.

Hek

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely capstone to your Moon Aelf project. Love the freehand on the wings/sails.
    I just went back and re-read all the parts leading up to refresh myself on the whole.
    Beautifully sinister...
    If this is indeed the final part, then I love this little capsule view of this race.
    If you decide to expand it further in future, I'd be looking forward to it.
    Amazing work, been a lovely read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were a lot of fun to work on and invent story for. Who knows, I might revisit them at some point :)

      Delete