Saturday 24 March 2018

Denizens of Mordheim – The Undead



Many grim and grody things creep the streets of Mordheim. Lady Mazıroğlu's zombie henchmen are a thrifty make-do bits-box dive both IRL and in-setting.


+++++

Here's the roster for Lady Mazıroğlu's retinue. It's nowhere near a complete 500g warband since I really just wanted to knock together some zombies out of spare parts– the vampire followed from there. If I stretched to 500g I guess I could just keep on making zombies!

The zombies were a really fun casual build (mostly based on the very old bone-coloured plastic Warhammer Fantasy skeletons) that I enjoyed painting. I tried some unusual undead colour schemes bright reds, yellows and blues; waxy white and dripping black. Actually I didn't really have enough bits to make them, so some of their limbs are replaced with struts and tied-together wooden poles– I think in-universe their frugal vampire built them the same way. Little Kafa is just a skull with chicken legs and an axe stuck in him, perhaps he's a homonculus?

Lady Mazıroğlu was tougher to make– I tried to stretch a very sparse few bits and went for a nebulous ethereal design to make it work. The front of her robes is roughly sculpted from Milliput and could be neater. I think the paint job keeps her together though– in particular the Daemonette face is really well defined and fun to paint.

+++++

Vampire 140g
Lady Güler Mazıroğlu
Sword, light armour

2x Zombies 30g
Boş, Kof

2x Zombies 30g
Kör, Göz

1x Zombie 15g
Kafa

Total 215g

+++++









Lady Güler


+++++

The Expeditionary Company are nearly complete! Follow me on Instagram for more updates.

Hek

No comments:

Post a Comment