Saturday 9 November 2019

AoS Relic Lizardmen Part 12: More skinks!


Five new Skinks brings this little Skink regiment up to a full 10 models at last! More pics below the jump.
The rainforests of Hysh provided a bountiful environment for the Skink species to flourish and grow. Over a million years, countless subspecies of Skink have evolved. Some say no two are alike.

Koo Oki

Si Ii

Uxi Kui

Mua Moa

Uki Gi
~~~~~

As with the Old World Skinks, they're distinguished from their bigger Saurus cousins by their sharp cunning, slight frames, and talkativeness. A New World Skink horde chatters and leaps through the dense jungle in a blaze of bright colours before suddenly disappearing in the blink of an eye.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Hek- I love these skinks, and the rest of your relic lizardmen! I was going to go with muted blues/ purples for my own Lizardmen army, but you've inspired me to at least create one Lizardmen warband and go nuts with their colors!

    I've never converted models before, but I recently discovered the Inq28 and AoS28 scene (along with your blog and several others), and I'd like to begin converting myself.

    I currently have Tau (fire warriors, stealth suits) and Lizardmen (at least one of most units). I also have a lot of Oathmark and Frostgrave kits.

    My question is this- could you please let me know what are the kits you've found most useful for conversions for Mordeim, Inq28, and AoS28? I know that Skitarii Vanguard and Genestealer Neophyte Hybrids are two common boxes, but I was wondering if you had other ideas/ suggestions.

    Thank you in advance for your time. I'll definitely be keeping up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mac, I'm glad you like the Lizardmen! I think Lizardmen as an army present one of the best opportunities to go wild with a color scheme.
      The Inq28 scene is what got me back into modelmaking. There's some really inspiring hobbyists out there. As far as kits go, the Empire Flagellants kit is a fantastic source of bits, especialy if you're doing something like Mordheim. The Crypt Ghouls kit is also a good source of weird body parts. More recently I've seen a lot of great work done with the Necromunda Cawdor kit, which works for both fantasy and 40k.
      Personally I mostly source bits from lot sales on eBay or if I have something specific in mind I get parts from bits sellers like bitsandkits.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Hi Hek,
    Thank you so much for your response and advice! I've been eyeing that Flagellant kit, and I've already started thinking about some tropical color schemes for my lizardmen.
    Best,
    MAC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Best of luck with your Lizardmen in particular!

      Delete